Are you ready for a game that will bring endless laughter and entertainment to your family gatherings or game nights with friends? Look no further than Apples to Apples Junior! This wildly popular card game is the perfect blend of creativity, strategy, and hilarious comparisons.
If you’re wondering how to play Apples to Apples Junior and unlock its full potential for fun, we’ve got you covered. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the rules, offer some expert tips, and get you ready for countless hours of laughter-filled gameplay.
Get ready to unleash your imagination as we dive into the world of Apples to Apples Junior!
Overview of Apples to Apples Junior
Assuming you already know how to play the adult version of Apples to Apples, playing the junior version is pretty much the same except for a few key differences.
For starters, instead of using Red Apple cards with phrases or people on them, you’ll be using Green Apple cards with either animals, objects, or food items. And instead of having a judge who picks the best card, each player takes turns being the judge.
To start, shuffle and deal 7 Green Apple cards to each player face down. The remaining cards go face down in the middle of the players.
One player starts by flipping over the top card from their deck and reading it out loud for everyone to hear. The other players then choose which card from their hand they think is the best match for the word or phrase on the current card.
Once everyone has chosen a card, they all lay them down face up in front of the current judge. The judge then looks at all the submitted cards and chooses which one they think is the funniest or most appropriate given the current card.
The player who submitted that card gets to keep it as a point and becomes the new judge for the next round. Play then proceeds as normal until one player has won 5 rounds and is declared victorious!
How to Set Up and Play Apples to Apples Junior?
To set up the game:
- First, shuffle the cards and deal 7 to each player. Place the remaining cards face down in the middle of the players. The player who is currently celebrating a birthday goes first and plays passes clockwise around the table. On a player’s turn, they draw one card from the deck and then play one. The card played must be placed so that all other players can see it.
- Once all players have played a card, the Judge for that round reveals their card. The Judge then reads aloud the attribute on their card (for example: “Who would you rather have as a pet?”). Each player then looks at the card they played for that round and chooses which of their opponent’s cards is best described by the attribute on the Judge’s card. For example, if two players played a “Dalmatian” and a “Turtle” in response to an attribute of “Who needs more attention?”, the Dalmatian would be chosen as the winner since turtles require less attention than Dalmatians.
- The player who wins the round gets to keep the Judge’s card as a point and becomes the Judge for the next round. Play continues until one player has collected 5Judge cards, at which point that player is declared the winner!
Rules for Playing Apples to Apples Junior
There are a few simple rules to playing Apples to Apples Junior. First, each player must select a card from their hand and lay it face up on the table. The card should be placed in the middle of the play area so that all players can see it.
Next, the player who laid down the card becomes the “judge” for that round. The judge looks at all of the other cards and chooses which one they think is most like the card they played. The judge then announces their decision and places the chosen card next to their own.
Once the judge has made their decision, all of the other players must select a new card from their hand and play it face up on the table. This continues until all players have run out of cards. The player with the most “matches” at the end of the game is declared the winner!
Tips and Strategies for Winning
If you’re looking for tips and strategies on how to win at Apples to Apples Junior, you’ve come to the right place. Here are some helpful tips and tricks that will give you the edge over your opponents:
- Pay attention to the cards in your hand. There will be times when certain cards are better than others, so it’s important to know which ones to play and when.
- Don’t be afraid to take risks. sometimes the best way to win is by taking a risk and going broke.
- Be creative with your card choices. Often, the most unique and unexpected choice is the one that will earn you the most points.
- Keep an eye on what other players are doing. If you can anticipate what they’re going to do, you’ll be in a better position to make your move accordingly.
- Have fun! Apples to Apples Junior is meant to be a fun game, so make sure you enjoy yourself while playing it.
Alternatives to Apples to Apples Junior
There are many alternatives to Apples to Apples Junior, all of which are great games for kids. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Uno Attack: This fun card game is similar to Apples to Apples, but with a twist – players can “attack” each other with the special Uno Attack cards!
- Rat-A-Tat Cat: A fun card game that helps kids practice their math skills – players try to get the lowest score by the end of the game.
- Go Fish: A classic card game that’s perfect for kids (and adults!). Players try to collect sets of cards, and the player with the most sets at the end of the game wins.
- Memory: A classic memory game that’s perfect for kids of all ages. Players flip over cards and try to find matching pairs. The player with the most matched pairs at the end of the game wins!
- Candyland: A classic board game that’s perfect for younger kids. Players travel around the board by drawing cards, and whoever reaches Candyland first wins!
Apples to Apples Junior is a great way to introduce kids to the world of board games, and it’s also a lot of fun for adults. With its simple rules and creative gameplay, you can easily keep your family entertained for hours with this game.
So whether you are looking for something new or just want to play an old classic with a twist, give Apples to Apples Junior a try!